Selroti is typical Nepali food made from rice flour. It is specially prepared in sacred occasion like Dashain, Tihar, Marriage, Bratabandh etc. It is sweet, crispy and delicious to eat
Serve for: 8- 10 person
- Rice- 1 kg
- Water – 150ml
- Milk- 1oo ml
- Suger- 50 gm
- Oil- 250 ml
- Stick (kaptero)
- Frying pan
- Big bowl
- Soak rice 4/5 hours. Drain it and grind it in mixture coarsely.
- Pour water, milk and sugar. Mix them well by kneading it 10 minutes for softness of selroti. It becomes batter then set it for 30 minutes.
- Put oil in a deep flat base frying pan and heat on medium high temperature. You can check by putting a drop of batter into the oil. If it sizzles and comes up , the oil is ready for cook.
- Pour the batter on ring shape into the oil by the help of cone or hand. Make sure if both sides are golden brown. You can use kaptero to turn it down. This may take around two minutes.
- Take out from oil and put it on paper towel so it can observe oil.
- You can have Selroti alone or with curry or tea.