Plain Pulau Recipe
Plain Pulau is main course dish specially in India and Nepal. It is a great dish for lunch, party or on the arrival of surprise guest. There are different types of veg and non-veg pulau. You can serve this with any gravy curry, pickle and papadam.Moong Daal Recipe
It is very simple, delicious , flavourful aromatic dish and can be prepared by only basic ingredients which are often available at home and they are nothing other than flavoured spices.
Serve: 2-4 person
Prepared Time: 30-40 minutes
- Basmati or long grain rice- 2 cups
- Water- 4 cups
- Ghee or butter- 3 table spoon
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- 1/3 tea spoon salt
- 1 tea spoon lemon juice
- Cardemom- 1 pinch,cinnamom-1 stick, cloves-3/4 nays,
- Kismis- 1 tea spoon, cashew 5/6 pieces
- rice cooker or pressure cooker
- Heavy base pan
- Soak rice in a vessel for 30- 60 minutes and drain it.
- pour 4 cups of water in rice cooker or pressure cooker then heat it. Also add bay leaves, cinnamon stick, cloves into it.
- Take a heavy base frying pan, heat on medium temperature.
- Add butter or ghee on the heated pan. Pour rice, stir for few minutes, also add cashew and kismis,again stir and fry for 2 minutes( you can also fry cashew and kismis in oil untill golden brown color before adding into rice).
- Pour the fried rice into the boiled water of pressure cooker.
- Add green peas and salt into it , mix them well.
- cover it and cook medium high temperature.
- Let it make 1 whistle, and heat on low temperature for 2 minutes then turn off the heat. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- After the whistle open, Add lemon juice, stir well and transfer it into serving bowl. You will get nice aroma of cinnamon, bay leaves, cardemom around you.
- You can garnish the rice dish with mint leaves or cilantro on the top center.
- Enjoy the Pulau with your favourite spicy gravy curry.
Tips: Serve with hot.