Matar paneer gravy curry recipe
matar paneer recipe | restaurant style matar paneer recipe with detailed photo recipe. It is an easy paneer recipe basically a north indian curry recipe prepared from paneer cubes and green peas. it is usually served with plain rice, jeera rice or choice of roti, parathas or Pulao.
Ingredients (1 cup = 250 ML)
for onion-tomato puree:
- 2tsp oil
- 1onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 spoon grated ginger
- 2 tomatoesfinely chopped
- 4 cashews
- 1 – 2tbsp oil
- ½tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- 1inch cinnamon stick dalchini
- 1 bayleaf / tej patta
- ¾ tsp kashmiri chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder / haldi
- salt to taste
- ¾ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder / jeera powder
- ½ – 1tsp sugar
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 1cup water add to adjust consistency
- 2tbsp curd / yogurt fresh
- ½cup peas fresh / frozen
- 200-gram homemade paneer
- Few chopped corianders leave
onion-tomato paste recipe:
- In a large kadai/pan, heat oil and add chopped onions, ginger and garlic.
- saute onions till it turns slightly golden brown on medium flame.
- After, add chopped tomatoes and saute till they turn soft.
- Lastly, add few cashews and blend to smooth paste.
matar paneer recipe:
- firstly, in the same kadai/pan add oil.
- add jeera, cinnamon and bay leaf on the heat oil.
- add chilli powder and turmeric directly to oil.
- now add the blended onion – tomato paste and fry.
- additionally add coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, sugar and salt then fry.
- furthermore, add 1 cup of water add 2 tbsp of curd and mix
- further add peas and add paneer cubes.
- cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- finally, add coriander leaves.
- Matar paneer gravy is ready now, serve hot with any of your favorite dish!
- Use more oil if you are not diet conscious and looking for restaurant style taste.
- Blending puree by adding cashews gives nice texture and taste to gravy.
- additionally, you can add green chilli to make spicier.
- Adding cream at the end will enhance the flavour of matar paneer. however, its optional.
- Do not over boil the paneer as they will turn hard.
- If you are jain, you can avoid onion for the paste, though it will also be a great taste.