Cream Cheese Sandwiches are simple and delicious. It is a healthy vegetarian diet. You can prepare this with few ingredients that are often available at your own home. No need to cook anything. I added some crunchy cucumber, bell pepper and some mild spices. These sandwiches are light and refreshing, has a nice crunch of cucumber and bell pepper; are perfect for afternoon snack. Try these sandwiches for your kids’ lunch box. This super simple sandwich is a hit with almost everyone all over the world
The recipe will make 2 sandwiches
Preparation time: 8-10 minutes
- 4 slices of bread (you can use brown or loaf bread)
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- About 4 inch long English or seedless cucumber (also known as kheera, kakdi)
- ¼ cup bell pepper this will make about 1/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper (also known as capsicum, Shimla mirch, pahadi mirch)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro (hariyo dhania)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger finely shredded ( I like to use zester to shred the ginger)
- 1 green chili finely chopped,(this is optional optional and adjust to taste)
- Peel the cucumber leaving the stripes unpeeled. Shred the cucumber, after shredding squeeze the water, we need about 1/4 cup shredded cucumber after squeezing the water. Set aside.
- Cut the bell pepper in very small pieces. Squeeze the water and pet dry in paper towel, we need about 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients cream cheese, cucumber, bell pepper, salt, cilantro, black pepper and green chili very well. The mix will have a texture of thick spread.
- Spread the mix on two slices of sandwich bread and then close sandwiches with other slices of bread.
- Remove the crest from the bread all sides and slice them in two parts. For clean cut keep the sandwiches aside and slice them after about half an hour.
- Serve these sandwiches as a snack, or they are great for lunch box or picnic/ outdoor travelling.
- These sandwiches stay good for a day at room temperature or you can refrigerate for 2-3 days.
- In place of cream cheese you can also use condensed yoghurt.
- Enjoy the food!
Focus words: cream cheese sandwich, simple and delicious, lunch box, travelling, outdoor food, less time, vegetarian recipe, crunchy with cucumber and bell pepper, refrigerate for 2-3 days.