Aaloo pratha Recipe
Aaloo paratha is Nepali/Indian dish. It is yummy, salty and great in taste. You can eat it as lunch and dinner with side dish.
- All purpose wheat flour-1/2 kg
- Water- 150 ml
- Salt- as your taste
- Patato- 250 gm.
- Garam masala- 2 spoons, chilli powder-1 spoon, mango powder- 1 pinch
- Oil– 5 table spoon
For potato stuff:
- Wash and boil the potato.
- Peel it and mashed gently. Add salt, garam masala, chilli poweder ,mango powder. Mix them well.
For the dough
Mix salt, water and flour together to make a soft dough
Knead it for two minutes to make it smooth.
Cover the dough with damp cloth and set it aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal parts and form into balls.
- Then divide potato filling into 10 equal parts and form into balls. The ball should be 1.5 times larger than dough balls
- Roll the dough in 3 inch circle, place the filling in the center. Make it a ball again. Do all the ball in the same way. Then let the filled ball set them for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile let the heavy skillet pan heat on medium high temperature.
- Roll the filled ball lightly on dry wheat flours both sides.
- Place the paratha on the skillet, when the paratha starts to change its color , flip it over, you will notice some golden brown spots. Flip again with the help of spatula and make sure that both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat the same process for rest parathas.
- Parathas are best serve hot and crispy. They will be soft,when they are not hot.